On today’s episode of the Ask the Planner podcast, we’re talking about a new, holistic more natural way to approach wedding beauty. And no, it’s not what you think. Whether you’re planning your wedding, already picked your beauty team, or you’re a vendor in the wedding space, you’re going to love hearing all that my guest has to share! She shares tips on beauty, skincare, looking and feeling your best on your wedding day, and just life in general. So grab your headphones or settle into your driver's seat, because this is a good episode.
If today is your first time visiting Verve Event Co., welcome! My name is Desiree Adams and I'm a wedding planner based in upstate NY. Through my blog and podcast, Ask the Planner, I share all the tips and tricks I've gathered over the years to help YOU plan an unforgettable wedding.
A Skin + Spirit Focused Approach to Natural Wedding Beauty: Episode 87
Erica Martell is a seasoned makeup artist and the co-owner of Erica Renee Beauty. Curating skin + spirit-focused luxury hair and makeup experiences for filmed events. Erica is known for her modern, clean, skin-focused aesthetic, her calming, laid-back demeanor, and her ability to make people feel like a million bucks.
Born in CA, then raised and educated in CT, Erica was influenced early on by the supermodel and magazine culture of the 1990s. Erica got her start in the world of theater studying costume design, theatrical makeup, and wigs at Emerson College in Boston. She graduated with a degree in theater studies and design technology. After graduation, she immediately moved to NYC and reached out to fellow Emerson alumni, makeup artist Bobbi Brown. Bobbi connected Erica with her team, and she soon fell into the fashion and beauty world there. She worked as a freelance makeup artist in NYC for a few years and then stepped away from makeup to work as a fashion photography producer. While working as a Photography Producer, she was fortunate enough to work and travel the globe alongside some of the world's most prominent fashion photographers, designers, supermodels, celebrities, and retailers for many years.
The transformative power of makeup has been a lifelong passion of hers. However these days she's much more interested in using makeup as a tool for transforming the way women feel. The connections Erica makes when she's invited to share intimate spaces with women are what she values most in her career. In addition to her wedding work, she is a well-traveled working makeup artist with television, media, commercial, and editorial clients, which brings a well-rounded arsenal to her work. It has always been where the fashion, theater, production, and hospitality worlds intersect that she is most aligned and inspired by.
NOT PLANNING YOUR WEDDING YET? SAVE THIS POST SO YOU CAN COME BACK TO IT LATER!
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE NOW
Listen & subscribe on your favorite platform (search for Episode 87):
Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify | iHeartRadio
You can also listen on your Alexa-enabled device. Just ask “Alexa, play the Ask the Planner podcast.”
A Skin + Spirit Focused Approach to Natural Wedding Beauty with Erica Martell : Episode 87
This episode was packed with so many amazing tips from our guest.
- Meet Erica Martell [03:42]
- Why is skin care important? [12:25]
- What is the minimum baseline skincare routine you should have as a bride (or groom)? [15:35]
- How far in advance from the wedding should brides be thinking about their skincare if they want to see a difference or change with it? [23:52]
- What does it mean to have a skin + spirit-focused approach to wedding beauty? [27:32]
- Why do you think it's important to pamper yourself on the wedding day? [40:32]
- How do you speak with beauty professionals to get the results you want? [43:55]
- Listener question: How can you make red lipstick stay and not transfer onto your drinks or your partner? [52:57]
- Do I have to include my future sisters-in-law and mother-in-law during getting ready if we're not close? [55:44]
- When should I be using retinol and when should I discontinue it? [58:09]
- Is there anything else you wanted to share that we haven’t covered in today’s episode? [59:40]
- This or That. [1:00:23]
Connect with Erica Martell
- Erica Renee Beauty website
- Instagram: @ericarenee
- Pinterest: @ericatmartell
Links Mentioned in the Show
- Erica's favorite esthetician: Alexandra Angelone, Philip Edwards Salon (Boston, MA)
- Erica's favorite exfoliant: Skyn Iceland Nordic Skin Peel
- Desiree's favorite cleanser and moisturizer: Proven Skincare. Enter the code DESIREE during checkout to save 20%
- Biore Pore Strips: Buy them at Walmart, Amazon, or Target
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which means we might earn a small commission if you love something as much as we do… but we only recommend products we or our guests actually use! Thanks for the supporting the podcast!
THANK YOU TO OUR PODCAST SPONSORS!
- Proven Skincare. Get 20% off my daily skincare routine! Enter the code DESIREE during checkout to save 20% off your first order.
If you have any questions, make sure you DM me on Instagram at @asktheplannerpodcast or call the wedding planning hotline at 585-210-3467.
Don't forget to save this post so you can come back to it again!
Be the first to comment