It is not easy trying to put emotions into writing, ESPECIALLY when you know that writing will be spoken in front of a crowd of people. Wedding vows and speeches are daunting for anyone, but they do not have to be! If you are engaged, and nervous about writing your vows, OR you are a performing a wedding speech for the bride and groom, this blog post is for you. You may be wondering…
- How do I start writing my wedding vows?
- What should I include in my wedding speech
- How long should my wedding speech be?
- What if I cry during my vows?
As long as your speech is meaningful and from the heart, chances are you're on the right track. But if you are looking for some extra help to perfect your craft, read on for some expert advice, and be sure to listen to this week's episode of Ask the Planner.
SAVE THIS POST SO YOU CAN COME BACK TO IT LATER!
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE NOW
Listen & subscribe on your favorite platform (search for Episode 62):
Wedding Speeches, Vows, and Toasts: A How-To Guide
Today we’re talking about how to write your wedding vows and speeches that will help you speech from the heart, and surely
make your audience tear up.
About Brian Franklin of Vows & Speeches
Most of Brian Franklin’s 25 years of work in writing and advertising has involved working as an award-winning political consultant (including Best Use of Humor in a political ad). In his political career has guided communications and advertising for over 150 campaigns, from congressional campaigns to state-wide races and ballot amendments, and has managed advocacy programs for numerous national organizations. In 2021, Brian and his wife Nicole started Vows & Speeches, a company created to solve the problems of anxiety that couples have about writing their own vows, and as a cure for boring, rambling, long, and/or embarrassing speeches that happen seemingly in every wedding. Likewise, many officiants without experience (and even some that have experience) have trouble writing a compelling, enjoyable ceremony. Vows & Speeches works with the couple and their officiant choice to write a moving, enjoyable ceremony that tells the story of the relationship. So, Vows & Speeches aims to lead a new niche in the wedding industry where the aspects of the wedding that involve writing have professional assistance.
HIGHLIGHTS FOR EPISODE 62:
Here's a summary of our interview:
- Personal Update! [6:24]
- Meet Brian Franklin [10:41]
- The writing vs presenting of the speech [14:59]
- Top tips for what makes a good ceremony speech? [20:48]
- How long should a speech be? [25:54]
- Advice for speech delivery [29:40]
- How do you get a speech that pops? [35:09]
- Writing Process? [41:16]
- Final Advice [50:37]
- Review of the Day [1:01:59]
Links Mentioned in the Episode:
Connect with Brian Franklin
Thank you to our podcast sponsors!
- Visit the Ask the Planner Wedding Planning Template Shop
- LoveStream – Get 10% off your virtual wedding package with my code Ask10!
- Planner's Playbook – Use my unique link so you can skip the waitlist and join ANY TIME
Don't forget to save this post so you can come back to it again!