Have you ever considered mismatched bridesmaids dresses? So much thought and planning go into your wedding aesthetic. The flowers, the stationery, the tables, etc. But what about you and your wedding party? Obviously one of the most important aspects of the day is your people! Your squad. Your wedding wardrobe makes a big impact on your overall wedding aesthetic.
But there are so many brands and directions you can take – same dresses, different dresses, prints, what’s flattering on so many body styles, etc.
How do you muddle through all this? On today’s episode, our guest guides you through the whole process and shares with us her tips on how to achieve those perfectly coordinated looks.
If today is your first time visiting Verve Event Co., welcome! My name is Desirée Adams and I'm a wedding planner based in upstate NY. Through my blog and podcast, Ask the Planner, I share all the tips and tricks I've gathered over the years to help YOU plan an unforgettable wedding.
Mismatched Bridesmaids Dresses Done Right: Wedding Party Fashion with Katie Hubbard of My Wedding Wardrobe: Episode 98
Katie Hubbard graduated from TCU with a degree in Fashion Merchandising and became a professional personal stylist based out of Dallas, Texas. After years of styling for a corporate company, Katie decided to quit her job and obtain her Master's Degree from the SMU Cox School of Business so she could step out on her own to share her passion. She made the conscious decision to devote more one-on-one time to clients, make services more accessible to everyone, and customize her work to meet clients’ individual styling needs. Katie can't wait to help you all prepare for all the events leading up to your big day!
NOT PLANNING YOUR WEDDING YET? SAVE THIS POST SO YOU CAN COME BACK TO IT LATER!
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE NOW
Listen & subscribe on your favorite platform (search for Episode 98):
Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify | iHeartRadio
You can also listen on your Alexa-enabled device. Just ask “Alexa, play the Ask the Planner podcast.”
Mismatched Bridesmaids Dresses: Wedding Party Fashion with Katie Hubbard of My Wedding Wardrobe: Episode 98
This episode was packed with so many amazing tips from our guest. Below are the time stamps to help you navigate the episode.
- Meet Katie Hubbard [02:14]
- How do you help couples and brides select their wedding attire? [3:53]
- What’s the process of working with a wedding stylist? [4:24]
- Why do you focus on all wedding fashion EXCEPT the wedding dress? [6:42]
- Do you only style the bride? [7:34]
- Why are brides choosing mismatched dresses for bridesmaids' dresses? [8:47]
- Favorite bridesmaid dresses designers or brands? [11:12]
- What other services does My Wedding Wardrobe provide? [11:52]
- 2023 wedding fashion trends? [16:21]
- Groomsmen fashion trends for 2023? [18:21]
- Styling mixed-gender wedding parties (bridesmen, groomsmaids, etc.)? [19:45]
- Listener question 1: Are there types of jewelry or shoes that would look better with certain dresses? [21:54]
- Listener question 2: I chose a blush dress with a white lace overlay. I want to wear pale blue shoes for my “something blue.” Good idea or bad idea? [23:26]
- “This or That” [25:12]
Connect with Katie Hubbard
THANK YOU TO OUR PODCAST SPONSOR!
- Proven Skincare. Get 20% off my daily skincare routine! Enter the code DESIREE during checkout to save 20% off your first order.
If you have any questions, DM me on Instagram at @asktheplannerpodcast or call the wedding planning hotline at 585-210-3467.
Don't forget to save this post so you can return to it again!
Be the first to comment