Reading time: 2 minutes
According to Brides, 25% of all weddings are destination weddings. Because of the pandemic, I’m seeing a lot more couples scale back the size of their wedding and considering having destination weddings with just their closest friends and family. But where do you even begin? In today's episode, we talk about the first five things you need to do before planning your destination wedding with Kara Brodhecker of Love at First Travel.
Listen to the episode now
The pandemic has definitely changed some things and that includes destination weddings. Travel abroad is restricted, guests don’t feel comfortable or safe traveling internationally, or even crossing state lines in some cases.
Whether you’re planning a destination wedding somewhere exotic like the Caribbean, or somewhere in the U.S. and the majority of your guests have to travel to attend, you’re going to want to listen to today’s episode.
I’m so excited to have on the show Kara Brodhecker the owner and lead destination wedding planner at Love at First Travel. Love at first travel started as a blog helping couples plan their destination weddings and now offers destination wedding planning and travel coordination for couples getting married in dreamy destinations like Mexico, Jamaica, and Costa Rica.
- What would you share as the first question that people should be asking themselves if they are thinking of planning a destination wedding? [04:26]
- Do you recommend that they talk to a destination wedding planner after they have decided on a location? [05:32]
- Do you need to hire a travel agent if you're planning a destination wedding? [06:18]
- Should you plan other events during the week or weekend and who pays? [07:30]
- How far in advance should you book your destination wedding? [09:31]
- Is a destination wedding more or less expensive than a regular wedding? [12:38]
- Is anyone not a good fit for a destination wedding? [19:35 ]
- Is there anything else you think our listeners should know when it comes to planning a destination wedding? [22:46]
- What moments give you the most joy? [23:26]
Connect with Kara Brodhecker!
- Instagram: @loveatfirst.travel
- Pinterest: @loveatfirsttravel
- Facebook: @loveatfirsttravel
- Web: https://loveatfirsttravel.com/
Links mentioned in the episode
- The Love at First Travel Blog – Don't miss this wealth of information!